Thursday, June 6, 2013

What a Circus


1

8

Top: Cotton On
Skirt: American Apparel
Shoes: MIA from Nordstrom Rack
Lipstick: Revlon Fire and Ice

There’s definitely something circus-y about this outfit and it’s probably inappropriate for a 31-year-old, but I like it anyway. I think I need more lime-colored clothing in my life. It looks pretty good on ghostly white people with dark hair for some reason.

Have I ever mentioned that my uncle used to be the singing ringmaster of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus? Well, he’s an actor and singer in New York City now (this is his website), but we used to see the show whenever he was in town back in his circus days. It was pretty cool/creepy to me as a child. (You know, the clowns, and if you go backstage at a circus, it’s kind of weird in general. Oh, and yeah, performing animals in captivity, that’s disturbing.) The costumes were amazing, though. One year my grandma left home to live with him on the train, so we used to tell everyone she ran away to join the circus.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could pull off the lime green lime you do X-) You look great! I can only use it in my paintings, unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's so awesome about your uncle and your grandma too!
    I don't think this outfit looks inappropriate for you at all. You look really young anyway. It's so cute! The lime green top is perfectly summery and that skirt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...