Monday, May 14, 2012

A Little Bit Rockabilly



Hair pin: c/o Boogervampire’s Crypt of DOOM!!!
Shirt: thrifted Old Navy
Skirt: Fei from Anthropologie
Shoes: Soda

Lipstick: Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick in Love That Red


Isn’t this hair pin cool?? It’s one of a set made by my friend Mary, whom I met through my friend Natasha. They’re both artists and met each other while working on South Park. (Yes, THAT South Park, that’s how awesome they are.) Mary works on another show now, which I won’t mention here because she said on her website that she’s not allowed to name it. But suffice it to say she is super talented and if you like this pin, you should check out her shop because it’s full of neato prints, jewelry and more.

I wore this outfit for Mother’s Day since I wanted to look kind of festive even though it was hot out and Jasen and I were running errands, cleaning and cooking all day. Well, Jasen did most of the cooking. I just made a peach crumble for dessert. We had his mom and brother over for dinner and it was a fun night with family!




8 comments:

  1. That hair pin is so cool! What a unique accessory. I really like your sleeveless top tied up like that with the pleated skirt too. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love ur flats and d top is cute! :)
    new post up
    www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair pin is pretty awesome. I have a friend who would flip over it. I'll have to send her your friend's shop info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are beyond adorable! love this outfit... so retro sweet!


    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt is so cute and so class, like a school girl skirt from the 60s!

    xoxo,
    A | V // vintage blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dying over this skirt...love how it's more fitted around the hips and then flares out...I want to wear it! Cute tie top too and hair clip. Makes for great rockabilly touch.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute top! I have a similar one and wasn't sure how to wear it so this is great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Love the little hair pin. It's great to have talented friends hanging around ;)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...