Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Teal Party



Tank: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: thrifted
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: a gift from my mom

Last night Jasen and I had a barbecue with our neighbors, and I partied a little too hard...which for me means I drank too much red wine in an attempt to feel less socially awkward. Don’t get me wrong, we have a lot of nice neighbors in our complex, but when there’s a crowd of people whom I don’t know very, very well and I’m offered some amazing wine, I’m going to take it. Unfortunately red wine does not love me as much as I love it, and I’m pretty hung over today. I think that’s why I was attracted to these soothing teal items in my closet. The tank top was just 99 cents at ACTS Thrift Store!

Also, as I mentioned a few days ago, I recently bought Aveda’s Inner Light tinted moisturizer/sunscreen, and now that I’ve worn it for three days, I have to say I LOVE it! It’s just as moisturizing as the Aveeno Positively Radiant that I was using, plus I think it offers as much coverage as the lightweight foundation that I would put over my old moisturizer. Most of all, I’m happy that it’s made with safer ingredients to have on my skin every day and that I’ve now pared down my makeup routine to only three products: tinted moisturizer, blush and lipstick.

To add to my grooming laziness, I think my hair is long enough now for me to wear it curly every day until I can afford to cut it super short again. So I’ll probably be wearing it like this in all my blog photos for a while because it’s really a pain to straighten the back now, and I hate using a hairdryer when it’s over 90 degrees outside.


15 comments:

  1. I totally agree with using a hair dryer in hot weather. Ick. Since my hair is already damaged as it is, I turn on my electric fan and use that to dry my hair. haha

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks gorgeous wavy! I really like it. :) It's been burning hot out here too, and my hair is just terrible, haha. If I don't blow dry it, it either is really flat or really poofy in an unfixable way. So I basically have to blow dry it...even though I can tell that it's awful for my poor hair.

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your hair that way- you should enjoy it in this weather.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    August giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teal is pretty much my favorite color. I'm super jealous of this skirt. Your hair looks really cute this length as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. El oh el, oh my goodness at that party!

    I love your curly hair with this outfit.

    I wish I could have my make up down to so few items. I have skin of a 14 year old pizza boy though, so I need some cover up. SOMEDAY I won't feel like a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your skirt, it has so nice shape...and your hair are beautifuly curled...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look super cute with your hair culy and your sunnies and red lipstick on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the teals in this outfit, and I agree with everyone else in saying that your hair looks great curly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect skirt, as always; i can certainly see why you named your blog '29 skirts.' i love your hair this way - so 1920s old hollywood - it kind of looks like fingerwaves, at least from this distance, and i'm so jealous of that. my hair is curly longer and i was hoping i'd have a curly pixie cut but it is bone straight at this length. i'm with you on a simple grooming routine, too - for me, mascara, dry shampoo, deodorant and a couple spritzes of perfume, about 40 seconds of work in all. badabing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like everyone here, I think your hair looks great! I'm so envious because my hair looks like crap when I don't blow it. Another reason why I've decided to let it grow out ;). I've been looking out for statement jewellery these days and I love the necklace you wore here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hear ya, blow drying my hair in this heat sucks. I try to skip it as much as I can. I also tend to overdo the drinking when I am uncomfortable. At least you made it out of bed, I tend to spend the whole next day in my bed swearing I will never drink again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe, I love red wine but it puts me to sleep! I can never drink it in social situations because it just makes me want to crawl under the table for a nap. ;)

    Your hair looks really cute curly! I am completely disinclined to blow-dry during the summer months too. It just gets majorly frizzy the second I step outside anyway, so why bother? Hehe, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps, our blogs are color twins today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely look!! The skirt is gorgeous:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your red lipstick worn to the blue-ish outfit.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...