Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thrifted Thursday No. 7


Blouse, shorts, belt, wedges and bag: thrifted

Wearing a belt with high-waisted shorts reminds me of being in junior high in 1993. I remember having some floral shorts from Mervyn’s that came with a white belt, and I would wear them with a fuchsia sleeveless, mock turtleneck top. I didn’t even realize until I saw my photos for today that I had basically recreated that look, although back then I had long hair that I would part down the middle and wear in a low ponytail with a scrunchie.

I also have to share that I got this cool black and white bag for 98 cents at Quality Thrift. It had some black markings across the white areas, but rubbing alcohol took them right off.

7 comments:

  1. I love this sort of look, but don't think I have the bod to pull it off! Absolutely adore the high-waisted shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shorts are magical. I've been searching for a wonderful denim pair FOREVER.

    xoxo mama wolf

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...I love the black and white bag! I know what you mean about re-creating a look from years ago. I often do that myself!

    This outfit looks really really cute and perfect for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those shorts on you with your teeny tiny waist they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm convinced that you are the queen of looking like a million bucks dressed head-to-toe in thrift store gear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is great; I love a good nod to the 90's. (You should have seen my scrunchie collection back then! Be very, very jealous.) I can never seem to find a great pair of high-waisted denim shorts; evidently, I need to go thrifting with you someday to learn your secrets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another amazing high waisted shorts look, you seem to be the queen of these looks I am sure. And I am now jealous too, not only of your shorts, but also of that bargain great bag!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...